Thursday, January 24, 2008
Attention Undergraduates! Interested in a Scholarship?!
Established by the Erika J. Glazer Trust of 1985, the Erika J. Glazer Family Scholarship Fund will award several multi-year scholarships of up to $7,000 per year (the total amount of scholarship funds available per year is $30,000-$40,000) to academically qualified students in need of financial assistance. Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 13, 2008.
**If interested, e-mail us for a full application.**
1. Meet the requirements of California Assembly Bill 540 (Nonresident Tuition Exemption).
2. Be a graduating high school senior or an undergraduate college student who has attended high school in Los Angeles County for at least three years.
3. Be accepted to, or currently attend, California State University, Los Angeles during the 2008-2009 school year and for all subsequent years of the scholarship, while pursuing a full course load for a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Recipients must maintain good academic standing and notify the committee immediately regarding any changes in legal status.
4. Be the child of immigrant parents.
5. Be ineligible for federal and state financial aid and demonstrate financial need. Please note that there is no particular threshold of financial need we are considering. It is up to the applicant to decide if she/he would be a competitive applicant given her/his particular circumstances.
6. Demonstrate leadership, merit, a commitment to community service and/or potential for academic achievement. Involvement in student government and internships are highly prized by the scholarship committee.
7. Provide clear and detailed information about any disciplinary or criminal record (e.g., school suspensions, arrests, convictions) and a full and detailed explanation of the circumstances leading to such actions.
8. Make every effort to be available for a personal interview should one be required.
9. Be willing to attend an awards ceremony on a date to be determined in Los Angeles should one be awarded a scholarship.