Does NSSLHA listen to your requests? Absolutely!
In response to requests from students in the Dysphagia Class, NSSLHA will be selling the Dysphagia Evaluation: Treatment & Recommendations Clipboard at the next NSSLHA meeting (which is
The clipboards feature the following:
- 24 Hour Clock
- Aspiration/Dysphagia Symptoms and Treatment Techniques
- Documentation Phrases: Do’s and Don’t’s
- Evaluation: labial function, lingual function, velar function, laryngeal, communication/cognition, swallowing
- Glascow Coma Scale
- Global Deterioration Scale
- Goal Writing Components
- Prospective Payment System (PPS) MDS Assessment Periods
- Rancho Los Amigos
- Recommendations for: diet, meds, placement, positioning, chart/monitor
- RUG Minutes/Week (PPS for SNF)
- Swallowing Phases in pictures
- Vital Sign Norms for Adults
Each clipboard comes with a laminated pediatric information chart, International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) chart, word retrieval cues, developmental milestones (think of COMD 456, 460, and 551), phonological processes (think of Dr. Flint’s “rules,” COMD 471, and 553), type-token-ratio (TTR) and mean length utterance (MLU) formulas, and vocal fundamental frequency in boys and girls (think of Audiology courses).
Not only that, but they are very *functional* and will help make those days in the hospital (i.e., 2nd year graduate school externships) a bit easier because you will always have a “cheat sheet” with you! Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you can buy one now to prepare for your hospital externship! And that’s not all – you can use it all throughout your career!!
The Annual ASHA Convention didn’t even offer this! Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
For more information, please visit this website.